Saturday, November 22, 2008

Leading up to Christmas!

It's been an exciting couple of weeks. I wasn't free a single weekend in October and November is pretty much shaping up to be the same way.

Last weekend was the ACSI Convention in Dayton. All the Kingsway teachers went. Pretty much your run of the mill convention. I did enjoy hearing Josh McDowell, the writer of Evidence that Demands a Verdict, speak, which was certainly the highlight. I also liked hanging out with the other teachers. We found possibly the world's best coffee house in Dayton, called Cafe Terra Cotta. The BEST chai tea I've ever had, no question. After the convention ended on Friday, my fellow teacher, Lindsey and I drove to Cincinnati, where Sara lives to do some shopping. I spent more than I've EVER spent at the Gap Clearance Center, but got some really great buys. Tres Fab as usual. On the way home from the Nati, we stopped at the Prime Outlets on 71, and then at Polaris Mall in Columbus where we shopped and ate at the Cheesecake Factory. Yum-o!

This weekend has been a fun weekend of getting some more early Christmas shopping done. I can't wait to put up all my Christmas decor and am thrilled of the idea of putting back up my 12 ft tree! Yay! (See picture from last Christmas.) I've held back in spite of the fact that my some of my neighbors have put up Christmas lights! Next time I post it will probably be with pictures of my house decorated for Christmas!

Well, I'm off. My fingers are too frozen to type anymore. I keep catching Tony with the heat set at 58 instead of the usual 63. I think I better go check, this feels like 58.

No comments: