Sunday, October 5, 2008

My Heart Swells


I love love love the girls I went to college with. I am so excited to see some of them in a few weeks when we travel to Milligan for Alumni Weekend. It has already been 5 years. In these five years, I've had opportunities to visit with all of them at some point, but that is just not enough. I feel like it was just yesterday that I wasted time I should have been studying sitting on your bed or traveled Europe in your company. How has it been so long?

Thank goodness for the simple joys in life like MySpace and FaceBook that have made keeping in touch so much easier. I love that I can see what my friends are up to on a daily basis. I love the status updates that say simple things like, "Making cookies" or "Giving the kids a bath" or "Off to take a nap". It just shortens the distance between us. It's like we're back in the dorms and they just left my room saying, I'm off to take a nap. I know right where they are which for me, is great.

I am happiest after I have visited my friends in the places where they currently reside. I need to be able to picture that kitchen where they are standing making cookies. I need to know that grocery store they run out to when they forgot something. When you are sitting at Panera, Starbucks, or whatever, what does it look like? These things I need to know! I love love love that too.

Keep it up ladies. I don't love you one bit less than I did five years ago when we all pulled away from Milligan. If possible I love you more.

2 comments:

Our blog said...

Carly! You have a blog! I have a "sort of" blog that I randomly keep up with...mostly for my family and nate's who live out of town. It's so much easier than emailing photos all the time. I am reading yours right now and adding it to mine! I'll see you in a few weeks!
--Alison

Unknown said...

so great you're going to the alumni weekend! love this picture of you and sarah! have a good time!
courtney