Wednesday, October 22, 2008

This week in my life...

What a crazy week it has been! I drove in to school today just as the sun began to rise. I drove home with it blinding me as it retired for the day. Sun up to sun down. Perhaps I am spending too much time at work?

Thursday was 70s day at Kingsway. Only 3 other teachers dressed up, and I was by far the MOST over-the-top, which I am fine with. The kids love it when we get into their stuff. Anyway, I have these fabulous 70s dresses from my Aunt Robin (she made and wore them in high school) and I just couldn't let them go to waste. A few of my students and I wore them and had a blast that day. I believe we were the grooviest by far.

This weekend was a crazy, busy blast while I spent time with one of my favorite people to ever cross my path at Milligan or anywhere else. Sarah came to stay with me this weekend to attend a wedding on Saturday. As usual she helped me reevaluate things in my life like some of my friendships, perspectives, and relationships with food. Sarah has been all over, met all kinds of people, and had some amazing revelations about relationships with people and with God. I always learn so much when I'm around her. She has such an honest open spirit which is so refreshing and helps me to take inventory of my own weaknesses in those areas. We had some fun times with coffee, veggies, and the AAA guy. The lovely picture to the right is of us at Wooster Panera. Other lovely places we ate over the weekend include: Melvin's, The Hungarian Pastry Shop, Starbucks, and Wendy's. Wooster has so many fabulous places to take a visitor!

Sunday night, after we had each spent time with our families, we returned home where we found Tony and Jim (my brother-in-law) playing Rock Band II. Jim had just gone out the night it was released so he could have it at midnight. I'm a little afraid to try the instruments, so instead I became the vocalist! The boys were a little annoyed about how long it took me to design my character, but she HAD to be cute! We just need to become a better band so I can buy some fabulous clothes. Check me out down below. I love singing along to the songs I know, and to laugh while muddling through the ones I've never heard. I sang one about having 200 hundred couches for you to sleep on. (A-wha?) It was such a blast and I feel inspired to host a Rock Band Party. Dust off your favorite 80s rocker outfit and wait for an invite. I'm so doing that! The picture is of Tony and I rocking out on Sunday night. (Our living room doesn't really scream "Rock Band," does it?) I can't wait to play again.

No comments: